SPECIFIC PRIVACY STATEMENT ON PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF MASTERS INTERNATIONAL DENTAL CONGRESS
Thank you for your interest in DSD. This Privacy Notice is intended for participants in the prize draw to win a ticket to DSD Residency 1 Livestream course.
DSD PLANNING CENTER, S.L. (hereafter ‘DSD’) is committed to protect your personal data and to respect your privacy. DSD collects and further processes personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and any applicable supplementing or implementing legislation (‘GDPR’).
DSD PLANNING CENTER, S.L. will comply with applicable laws relating to processing personal information. In the event of a conflict between DSD privacy statements and applicable laws, which is likely to have a substantial adverse effect, including any legally binding requests for the disclosure of personal information by a law enforcement authority or state security body, this shall be reported to the competent supervisory authority. Where applicable law prohibits the relevant group company from making such a notification to the competent supervisory authority then we will use our best efforts to obtain a waiver of this prohibition.
The information in relation to processing your personal information to take part in the contest to win a ticket to attend to DSD Residency 1 Livestream course that is organized by DSD is presented below.
We understand that privacy is important to you. We are committed to treating your personal information with care and integrity.
This privacy notice explains
- what personal information we collect and how we collect it;
- the reason for the processing of your personal data, the way we collect, handle, keep it safe and ensure protection of all personal data provided, how that information is used and what rights you have in relation to your personal data; and
- it also specifies the contact details of the responsible Data Controller with whom you may exercise your rights, the Data Protection Officer and your local or the European Data Protection Supervisors.
This privacy notice explains our practices. However, where local laws or regulations require that we process information differently, or refrain from such processing, we will always comply with the applicable local law.
- Data Controller, contact information and privacy point of contact
DSD is the controller of your personal information.
DSD PLANNING CENTER, S.L.
c/ Enrique Granados 6 (edificio B, 2 planta)
28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón, Madrid, España
Delegado de Protección de Datos: email@example.com
If you want to exercise your rights, have any questions about this privacy notice, need more information or would like to raise a concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use this email for general questions or to send speculative applications.
- Personal information we collect about you
As part of our screening to process your participation in the contest to win a ticket to attend to DSD Residency 1 Livestream course we collect your personal information as follows:
- Basic information: your name (including prefix or title), gender, age or date of birth, as well as your preferred language;
- Conflicts: circumstances which may create a conflict of interest (including whether you or a close family member are an officer or employee of a political party, candidate for public office or hold a position in government);
- Contact information – information you provide to us that allows us to contact you, for ex. your personal or business email, mailing address, telephone number, and profile on a professional social media platform;
- Financial information: your bank account number, credit or debit card numbers and other financial and compensation details;
- Image and voice recordings: photographs, voice, videotape and/or or audiotape recordings (hereinafter referred to collectively as the “Recordings”) during my participation/intervention in DSD’s education and training seminars, events, and in commercial and/or marketing presentations or in dissemination to members of the public for educational, research, scientific, public relations or charitable purposes, etc.
- National identifiers: your national ID/passport, residency and work permit status, social security number, or other taxpayer/government identification number;
- Professional information and experience: information related to your education, work experience, references, and referees;
- Professional biography and/or other information: including your employment, professional or business activity, CV/resume, photograph, academic information and your interests (such as any specific topics about which you request information from DSD);
- Product use: data related to your use of our products, your interactions with us, your preferred method of communications with us, and services you may use; and
- Technical and network activity information: information about your device and your usage of our websites, apps and systems, including your IP address, device ID, hardware model and version, mobile network information, operating system and other online identifiers, type of browser, browsing history, search history, access time, pages viewed, URLs clicked on, forms submitted, and physical location
- Social media account: if you connect your social media account to DSD portal account, you will share certain personal information from your social media account with us. This may include your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to DSD portal account. We also combine information about you from various sources, including the information you provide to us and personal information, which is collected during your relationship with us.
- Travel-related and other identification information: including your national ID number, passport number, driving licence number, tax identification number and travel preferences;
You can choose not to give us personal information when we ask you for it. If you decide not to share these with us, please be assured this does not affect your participation in the contest to win a ticket to attend to DSD Residency 1 Livestream course. But if you decide not to give us consent to collect and process your personal information, we may not be able to assess or consider your application to enter the prize to win the ticket or it may even restrict our relationship with you in case of you are awarded said prize (for example, we may not be able to provide you with the services that are needed to attend to DSD Residency 1 Livestream course).
You can also choose not to give us the other types of personal information when we ask you for them. If you decide not to give us your personal information, we may not be able to assess or consider your application to participate in said contest.
We will not process personal information (including any of the information listed above) if the law of your country prohibits us to do so.
- Aims of the data processing of your personal data
We use your personal information for the purposes we have described below in this privacy notice, or for purposes which are reasonably compatible to the ones described [* please review them carefully and make sure of deleting what is not correct/appropriate … *].
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
You specifically give us your permission to (the law calls it “consent”) use your personal information to:
(i) MANAGE OUR RELATIONSHIP with you:
- completing your transactions and providing you with related customer service;
- conducting training and gathering feedback for ensuring quality control;
- invite you to provide feedback, participate in research, surveys or attend events, training, etc.;
- manage your account on the to DSD portal account, and to validate your professional registration;
- respond to your queries and provide you with information when you request it or when we believe our products and services may be of interest to you;
- perform analytics, market research and segmentation to understand your preferences, improve our products and services and our communications to you;
- personalise your experience when interacting with DSD;
- plan engagements with sales representatives or dental science liaisons;
- provide online services such as webcasts, employment opportunities and financial results;
- provide our products and services to you;
- reimburse you for expenses or pay you for services you provide;
- report the adverse events you may notify us about;
- responding to and handling your queries or requests, including requests for samples;
- sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- sending direct marketing materials to you (you will always have the right to opt out of marketing and promotional communications);
- share electronic marketing with you (you can opt out at any time);
(ii) manage and IMPROVE OUR PROCESSES AND OUR BUSINESS OPERATIONS:
- analysing or predicting your preferences to identify aggregated trends to develop, improve or modify our products, services and business activities;
- creating and maintaining a database in order to identify and engage with you based on your professional expertise and opinions, and where applicable, our past interactions;
- conducting audits and internal investigations and complying with internal policies on anti-bribery and conflict of interest;
- interacting with you through online digital advisory forums and allowing you to send messages;
- gain insights and feedback on our products and services in order to correct or improve them, by analysing information from external sources such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn (and others);
- keep records related to our relationship with dentalcare professionals;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services to understand which parts of our digital platforms and services are of the most interest and to improve the design and content of our platforms;
- manage our network and information systems security;
- manage our workforce effectively;
- planning and improving our business activities;
- perform data analyses, auditing and research to help us deliver and improve DSD digital platforms, content and services;
- prepare and perform management reporting and analysis, including analytics and metrics;
- provide the functionality of the services we provide you, which includes arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service;
- reaching out to you to provide information about our products or request input on surveys relating to our products or service;
- respond to reports you make of a possible side effect associated with one of our products/services and to monitor the safety of our products/services;
- tell you about changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- verifying your eligibility to access certain products, services and data that may be provided only to licensed dental practitioners and professionals or otherwise conducting background checks to ensure we are not precluded from working with you;
3) By taking part in the contest to win a ticket to attend to DSD Residency 1 Livestream you hereby understand, accept and grant DSD permission for the purposes we have described above, and to use your image rights as follows:
- to photograph, record, videotape and/or audiotape you for uses including, but not limited to, in DSD’s education and training seminars and in commercial and/or marketing presentations or in dissemination to members of the public for educational, research, scientific, public relations or charitable purposes;
- you understand and accept that DSD may now or in the future retouch or edit the photographs, recordings, videotape, or audiotape (hereinafter referred to collectively as the “Recordings”) as necessary in its sole judgment for proper presentation. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve such depictions or Recordings;
- you also agree that my photographs, Recordings and all reproductions thereof, including but not limited to digital images, plates, negatives and other exposed film that are produced as a result of DSD photographic, recording, videotaping or audiotaping me are and shall remain the property of DSD;
- you understand that DSD may distribute the Recordings widely for the uses described above. I also understand and agree that such Recordings may be retained by DSD for an indefinite period of time in its libraries, files and/or on its web sites, and thus may be subject to continuing use and disclosure for the purposes described in this consent.
- Recipients of your personal information and transfers outside of your home country
We share your personal information on a need to know basis, and to the extent necessary to follow laws and regulations, and to manage and run the activities during our relationship with you.
We share your personal information only with teams in DSD companies and affiliates who need to see it to do their jobs including, but not limited to, the European Union, the United States and the United Kingdom.
In some countries, our relationship with you is managed for us by specialised service providers. We will share your personal information with their people and teams who need to see it as part of their job.
We will also share your personal information with other specialised service providers who work with us, for example:
- event agencies;
- marketing agencies;
- technology suppliers who work with us to develop and improve our digital forums and apps; and
- media services providers who work with us;
- dentalcare service providers who work with us or are our business partners;
- any entity who may acquire us or part of our business or brands;
- suppliers managing adverse event reports;
- local or foreign regulators, courts, governments and law enforcement authorities; and
- professional advisors, such as auditors, accountants and lawyers.
We work all over the world. Therefore, we may need to transfer and use your personal information outside of the country where we collect it from you. These countries may include: United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, China and Russia, as well as all countries within the European Union.
We implement appropriate measures to protect your personal information when we transfer your personal information outside of your home country such as data transfer agreements that incorporate standard data protection clauses.
The data privacy laws in the countries we transfer it to may not be the same as the laws in your home country. Law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, security authorities or courts in the countries we transfer your personal information to may have the right to see your personal information.
The European Commission recognises that some countries outside the EEA have similar data protection standards. The full list of these countries is available here.
If we transfer your personal information to a country not on this list, we do so based on an standard contract clauses adopted by the European Commission (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en). These enable us to make international transfers of personal information within our group of companies and meet the data protection laws of the European Union and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information
DSD wants to make sure your personal information is not shared with or used by those not allowed to see it. We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information.
We carefully choose service providers to work with, and check they have security measures and technologies in place to protect your personal information. We do not allow our service providers and suppliers to use your personal information for their own purposes.
However, there are no guarantees that a data transmission or storage system is 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us using the contact information in section A above.
Our services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children except as permitted by or required by applicable law.
- Cookies, website and application data; use for analytics and marketing
DSD PLANNING CENTER, S.L. utiliza cookies en su página web para varios fines. Para más información acerca de qué son las cookies, qué datos recabamos y para qué los utilizamos, lea el siguiente enlace: www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
We also use remarketing services offered by our advertising partners to personalise advertisements for visitors to sites of their advertising networks (i.e. websites other than DSD’s). On these pages, you may be shown advertisements that refer to your interactions with DSD previously. To turn off personalisation for advertisements served by Google click here. To turn off personalisation for advertisements served by Facebook click here. Many companies that display interest-based advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”). To opt-out of interest-based advertising by members of these initiatives, you can always visit and check their websites at https://optout.networkadvertising.org, and https://optout.aboutads.info and https://www.youronlinechoices.com.
We may use the data you share with us to make decisions about your interests and preferences so we can make the marketing materials we send you more relevant. We may also combine the information we hold about you with data about your interests or demographics that third parties have collected from you online and offline, to make your experience more personalised and further tailor our marketing materials. You have certain rights in relation to this (please see your rights regarding personal information below for further information).
We use Facebook, Google, LinkedIn (and others) custom audience tools. This allows us to provide personalised advertising to you when you use Facebook’s platforms by matching the email address we hold for you with the email address Facebook, Google, LinkedIn (and others) holds for you, to show you the most relevant DSD advertisements. We only do this where you have given us consent. Sometimes we may also use information about you to build lookalike models. This allows us to generate similar audiences of prospective customers (who may have similar interests or demographics to you) through advertising platforms like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn (and others), based on data that the advertising platform holds about other people. Usually this means sharing your email address with our advertising partners. If you wish to opt out of similar audiences, you can do so on each of the platforms (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and others).
- Information retention
In some jurisdictions, we are legally required to keep your personal information for certain periods. How long depends on the specific legal requirements of the jurisdiction you are in when you share your information with us.
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law and where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving DSD. Otherwise, we will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you and, in order to respond or process a question or request from you or if we have sent you a product sample, and, upon termination of any relationship, ten (10) years thereafter.
- Your rights as data subject
You have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your personal information and the local law in your jurisdiction, and there are exceptions to some rights. Depending on this you may have the right to
- withdraw your consent to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- ask DSD about the processing of your personal information including to be provided with copies of your personal information;
- ask DSD to correct information you think is inaccurate or incomplete;
- ask DSD to delete your personal information;
- ask DSD to restrict the processing of your information;
- object to our processing of your personal information;
- ask that DSD transfers information you have given it from one organisation to another, or to give it to you; and
- complain to your local data protection authority.
You can find out how to get in touch with us to ask us to do any of the above by looking at the contact information in section A above.
For your protection, and to protect the privacy of others, we may need to verify your identity before completing what you have asked us to do.
Where we have relied upon your permission to use your personal information, and you later withdraw that permission, we may not be able to complete some of the activities described in section C above (captioned ‘aims of the data processing of your personal data’).